as i mentioned a few posts ago, our april was an insane kickstart to wedding season. hooray! i’m super excited to finally share our inspired by tron “modern glam” w hollywood hotel wedding photoshoot that was featured the other day on the green wedding shoes blog! check it out here!!
this whole design concept began, as most great things do, over food! trista and i were at lunch and chatting about how the wedding world is dying to see something new, something outrageously outside the box, and how we have to (in a justin timberlake way) “bring modern back”! i told her how i had just seen tron legacy in 3d, and in the middle of the movie was hit with a design bug, and pulled out my phone during the movie (while wearing 3d glasses over my regular glasses) to take inspiration notes. i always get inspired by random things (art exhibits, fashion, travel, music, etc.) and have tons of notes in my phone of ideas that “one day would be cool to do”. i had no idea that one of my crazy ideas would ever turn into something so unbelievably cool. it was more than i could have even imagined, and i am forever grateful to jen with green wedding shoes for sharing our shoot with her readers!
be sure to check out the feature to read more about my concept and design details!
i know this is a bit more detailed than i normally do, but i really want to individually thank and share the amazing talent that brought everything together. much thanks to you all for helping making this crazy concept a reality…
- nic with aspect lighting was amazing! he came onboard and transformed the shoot into the magical “tron feeling” set. perfect example of how the right lighting makes such a huge difference!
- our models hair & makeup styling by flawless faces fit my vision perfectly. everyone looked so so glamourous!
- those stunning chairs from hire elegance were such a beautiful fit not only for the photoshoot, but also for the style of the w hotel. i want them in my house!
- our artist and creative partner in crime, larrissa with inviting occasion just made everything beyond imagination fabulous. she just blew my mind with the floral art installations she created for us…this girl has a true gift for design!
- la tavola linens gave me tons of options for different napkin looks, and i just loved how the pewter dupionique looked with our place setting. such rich color & texture!
- our lovely models…amanda (bride), flaviu (groom), ben and bland (groomsman) and of course my fabulous interns kerisa and megan for standing in when our bridesmaid models cancelled the night before and day of the shoot!!
- my go to girl, kristin with petal and thorn cooked up some fabulous hair accessories for us to work with. there were so many goodies it was so hard to choose!
- the fabulous jewelry and bridesmaid dresses from rent the runway were just perfect pieces to fit our styling! side note, we actually had a whole fun, rooftop cabana pre-party styled shoot planned for the day as well, but timing and the yucky weather got the best of us. it makes me sad because the fashion they provided for that would have been so awesome to show!
- i can’t stop watching the fabulous behind the scenes film that shadetree films put together for us. it’s no wonder they are my favorite video team ever!
- melody with sweet and saucy worked so hard to really infuse the look of the shoot into the styling of her cake and macaroons. i really loved the detailing of that cake!
- there are no words for my love and obsession over the elizabeth filmore couture gown that the white dress provided. it undeniably was the “pow” to kick that high-fashion glam look in gear! i just wanted to keep it for myself!
- the delicious stationery design from tiselle letterpress. tianyi really helped bring in one of the main elements i loved from the movie. not to mention she gave trista and i an educational tour and look at how letterpress is created!
- all this wonderful eye-candy from trista lerit photography, not to mention she collaborated on the design and helped with organizing so many last minute things when i was in chicago the week leading up to the shoot!
- i really couldn’t imagine a better location for this shoot than the w hollywood hotel. okay i am a bit biased…yes james and i were married at a w property, yes i am obsessed with all their hotels! but it was such a treat working with chris and his team at their sexy, glam chic property…can’t wait to go back!
don’t forget to check out our behind the scenes film from shadetree! the music and their shooting style fits the design perfectly!!!