welcome bags are a fabulous way to greet your out of town wedding guests, spoil them with some goodies, thank them for traveling to your wedding, and give them useful event information…all in one awesome little gift!!!
here are some things that you want to keep in mind when putting together your welcome bag…
- try to think outside the box with the packaging. instead of paper gift bags, we LOVE the canvas tote bags from wedding chicks. they are super cute, personalized for your wedding, and the bag itself is a wonderful keepsake for guests. i probably have 10 wedding chicks totes from various events and use them for everything!
- pop in a detailed itinerary of the wedding weekend. this includes timing and locations of various events, transportation information, and a contact numbers in case of questions.
- definitely include edible items and something to drink. most out of town guests have been traveling all day to get to your wedding location, so it’s nice to arrive at the hotel and have a little snack & beverage waiting for them.
- don’t forget a nice handwritten note of thanks to your guests. trust me, they will appreciate the gesture!!
- be sure to check with the hotel the guests are staying at to see if they can either deliver them to the guests rooms, or present the bags to them at check-in.
some fun welcome bag ideas you can create…
our favorite goodies: we love any opportunity you get to share things special to you. so how about your favorite treats, drinks, favorite cd, or anything that is a personal favorite of yours!
local specialties: what’s unique about the town you are getting married in? you can include local treats, wine, postcard, fun souvenir. be sure to pop in a local guide that gives guests an idea of fun things to explore during their visit.
hangover kit: this is definitely a favorite! help your guests recover from a night of partying with water, tylenol, snacks, breath mints, band-aids, and gatorade.
snack pack: i love munching on snacks, so this is my personal favorite!! chips, candies, fruits, water…anything goes in this tasty tote!!
nostalgia fun: sure to put a smile on anyone’s face! cracker jacks, slinky, pez candy, and old school glass bottled coke. so fun!!
fun in the sun: get your guests beach ready with colorful flip-flops, sunscreen wipes, beach towel, aloe vera gel, and water.
here are some of our favorite welcome totes that any wedding guest would love!!
(credits: banana bread basket-everyday occasions; palm springs tote-inspired by this; santa ynez-martha stewart; beach tote-style me pretty; kiddo bag-oh hello friend; airplane tote bag-style me pretty)