happy valentines day!!! as the most romantic day of the year i thought it would be fun to start this week of by sharing some fun facts about this lovely holiday!
did you know..
- that almost 150 million cards are exchanged on this day.
- that over 2.2 million marriages take place in the united states each year.
- physicians of the 1800′s commonly advised their patients to eat chocolate to calm their pining for lost love.
- 73% of people who buy flowers on this day are men, while only 27% are women.
- 15% of united states women send themselves flowers today.
- 189 million stems of roses are sold in the U.S. on valentine’s day.
watch for more lovely finds all week!!!
(credit: hearts garland-paper and parcel; dog-gabriel ryan
balloons-jodi miller photography; bouquet-myrtie blue; couple: simply bloom photography; dessert display: cupcakes couture of manhattan beach)