happy earth day everyone! as strange as it may seem earth day is one of my favorite days out of the year. so in celebration of a day that promotes environmental protection i was inspired by everything and anything green.
lately i’ve been loving a new thing called “green graffiti.” it’s a way to creates words and images on a wall using moss. it’s so unique, fun, and environmentally friendly!!
so for anyone else out there wondering how to do some moss tagging of your own i listed some instructions below from a wonderful blog called greener green grass:
- crumble three handfuls of moss into a blender
- add 2 cups of lukewarm water or beer
- add 2 cups of buttermilk or plain yogurt
- pulse the blender until the mixture combines into a gel
- pour the finished product into a bucket
- use a paintbrush to apply the moss gel to your chosen surface
- mist the moss every week and watch your words or designs grow into a masterpiece
and if you are thinking about different ways to add some environmentally friendly elements to your big day favors are a great way to do so. one of our sweetest and most adorable couples, jessica and ian, had some lovely mini boxes filled with paper hearts made of seeds. all the guests have to do is sprinkle the hearts on some soil, occasionally add water, and voila a flower or herb will soon be sprouting in that very spot. it’s a perfect way to make a lasting memory in your loved ones very own backyard!